Sigma Tau Delta, International English Honor Society, was founded in 1924 at Dakota Wesleyan University.
The Society strives to
- Confer distinction for high achievement in English language and literature in undergraduate, graduate, and professional studies;
- Provide, through its local chapters, cultural stimulation on college campuses and promote interest in literature and the English language in surrounding communities;
- Foster all aspects of the discipline of English, including literature, language, and writing;
- Promote exemplary character and good fellowship among its members;
- Exhibit high standards of academic excellence; and
- Serve society by fostering literacy.
Tagsadvocacy America association Christianity church communities community companies company conservation construction industry crime culture data education energy foundation health health care industry international issues literacy market money non-profit nonprofit oil opportunities opportunity products programs publishing research resources school schools science service services surveys technology United States United States of America workplace